Saturday 3 January 2015

My Hinata

In times of peace, you praised me,
In troubling times, you provided comfort
You showed support, when everyone neglected me.

You stood by me, when everyone abandoned me.
You saw my flaws, and you saw through them,
Every time I fell, you held me up.

Of all the trouble I gave, you gave love in return,
Without words, you showed love a hundred times. 
You were honest in everything you did,
But you were caring, and you were gentle.

You had beautiful eyes, you had a beautiful voice,
You gave me strength, and you were patient.
For all the years I failed to see, you sat and you waited

And then finally I realised,
Everything I had always wanted, I found it in you.
It took me so long, but now I knew,

Every mistake I made, every bad turn I took,
Was only part of my journey to being better.
And as others attacked me, 
You saw something even I did not see in myself,

I guess you felt I was worth keeping,
Because you did, and close to your heart.
Placed safely, vouching to never grow apart,

When you first promised, I believed it was another one
One of the many lies people tell.
But here you are, with me, today.

I guess, after a long nap, I am finally awake,
And through everything, I am glad you had the patience to wait. 

I am sure that I love you, as much as you do too,
And I promise to take care of you, the way you took care of me.

You are my everything, but you are my one and only,
You are my everything, girl, you are my Hinata. 

2 comments:

  1. Really nice.. Wherever 'Hinata' is, I'm certain this will bring tears to her eyes...

    ReplyDelete